|Degrees||M.S. in Oto-Rhino-Laryngology, M.B.B.S.|
Dr. Bini Desai
UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL, SWITZERLAND
Dr. Binhi H. Desai is a renowned ENT surgeon practising in the western suburb of Mumbai. She took up MBBS from Dr VNP medical college, Nashik through merit seat under government quota in 2005. She got distinction in physiology in first year MBBS. She passed all MBBS years with first class marks (2005-2011).
She did her internship training in Nair hospital, Mumbai central and Dr VNP medical college Nashik.(2010-2011)
She got post graduation in first attempt under government quota in goverment medical college, Nagpur. it is a premier institute of India. (2011-2014)
After post-graduation, She served in peripheral BMC hospital at Goregaon - Siddharth hospital, a periphery of Nair hospital for 1 year. She worked as senior registrar independently seeing 50 patients in the out-patient department daily and operating on around 300 surgeries in 1 year. owing to her keen interest, sincerity and dedication, She operated on routine ent surgeries and also on complicated surgeries such as – thyroidectomy, parotidectomy, cancer of head and neck independently. (2014-15)
She was selected for national fellowship in Laryngology and co2 training under one of the best voice surgeons in India- Dr Nupur Nerurkar at Bombay hospital. (2015-16)
She was fortunate to be accepted for an international observor fellowship in laryngology under world s best voice surgeon- Prof. Marc Remacle at university hospital, Luxembourg. (2016)
She was also priviledged to be accepted for international observor fellowship in airway under one of the best airways surgeons in the world - Prof Kishore sandu at university hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland. (2017) She has special interest in voice and swallowing.
She along with her husband have started Desai Orthopedic and ENT clinic in 2014, with the aim of providing honest care to all.
She is attached to Suchak hospital, Malad east; apex super speciality hospital Borivali west; phoenix hospital Borivali west.
She is also attached to charitable hospitals- Hitvardhak hospital, Kandivali west and Havjivan trust hospital, Malad east.
She has been a part of multiple camps in above hospitals. She also travels to south Gujarat – Vapi and Valsad to create awareness and see patients with voice and swallowing difficulty.
- M.S. in Oto-Rhino-Laryngology, M.B.B.S.
- Fellowship in Laryngology ( Luxembourg )
- Fellowship in Laryngology and Airway ( Switzerland )
- Fellowship in Laryngology ( Bombay Hospital )
- M.B.B.S. (2005-2011) V.N.P Medical College, Nashik. Maharashtra University of Health Sciences
- M.S. Oto-rhino-laryngology (2011-2014) Government Medical College And Hospital, Nagpur. Maharashtra University of Health Sciences.
- Fellowship in Laryngology (2015-2016) Under Dr. Nupur Kapoor Nerurkar, one of the best voice surgeon in India, at Bombay Hospital, Mumbai.
- Fellowship in Laryngology 2016 (April) Under Professor Marc Remacle, one of the world’s best Voice surgeon in the world, at Centre Hospital de Luxembourg, Luxembourg.
- Fellowship in Airways and Laryngology 2017 (May) Under Prof. Kishore Sandu, one of the best airway surgeon in the world, at Airway unit, Center Hospital de Vaud, Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Maharashtra Medical Council, India, Permanent 2011/05/1689
- Life Member of Association of Medical Consultants.
- Association of Otorhinolaryngologist of India, Mumbai West branch.
- Association of Phonosurgeons Of India (APSI).
- Borivali Medical Brotherhood (BMB).
- Malad Medical Association (MMA).
- “DESAI ORTHOPAEDIC AND ENT CLINIC”, BORIVALI(WEST).
- SUCHAK HOSPITAL, MALAD (EAST).
- PHOENIX MULTISPECIALITY HOSPITAL, BORIVALI(WEST).
- ASHTAVINAYAK MULTISPECIALITY HOSPITAL, GOREGAON(WEST).
- HITWARDHAK TRUST HOSPITAL, KANDIVALI(WEST).
Working as a consulting otorhinolarynolaryngologist and head & neck surgeon with special interest in laryngology since last 3 years. Have been very active in managing cases of voice, and swallowing problems.
Have worked under Professor Marc Remacle, one of the best laryngologist in the world, at Centre Hospital de Luxembourg for 1 month for laryngology, airways and swallowing.
Have worked under Professor Kishore Sandu, one of the best airway surgeon in the world, at Centre Hospital de Vaud, Lausanne for 1 month for laryngology, airways and swallowing.
Have been very active in creating awareness regarding dysphonia, laryngeal cancers, basic ENT problems in general population and pediatric population.
Have been visiting charitable hospital hospitals in Vapi since 2 years regularly every week (Wednesday).
Have conducted camps in school for special kids in areas of Valsad, Vapi to assess them in hearing problems, swallowing problems and voice problems.
Have been working with Senior and eminent otology surgeons since my postgraduate days. Have come across variety of cases both simple and complicated. Have been trained at Government Medical College And Hospital, Nagpur in doing middle ear surgeries, stapes surgeries, both primary and revision, by eminent professors like, Dr. Kapre, Dr. Avinash Deshmukh, Dr. Prashant Naik, Dr. Deven Mahore, Dr.Apurva Pawde, Dr. BhagyashreeBokare, Dr. Seema Patel, Dr. Prafulla Sakhare, Dr. Vipin Ekhar. Have been trained in managing emergency situations of ear like sudden onset sensorineural hearing, foreign body ear. Have come across rarer tumors like glomus tumor, acoustic neuroma, squamous cell carcinoma of external auditory canal, rhabdomyosarcoma of external auditory canal.
Have been worked with senior and eminent rhinology surgeons since postgraduate days. Have come across cases of benign as well as malignant cases of nasal and sinonasal cases. Have been trained in doing simple nasal surgeries, endoscopic sinus surgeries, surgeries for malignant sinonasal diseases like partial and total maxillectomy, craniofacial resection under senior and eminent professors like Dr. Kapre, Dr. Deven Mahore, Dr. Apurva Pawde, Dr. R.B. Deshmukh, Dr. Bhagyashree Bokare, Dr. Seema Patel, Dr. Prafulla Sakhare, Dr. Vipin Ekhar.
Have been trained in managing emergency situations of nose like foreign body of nose, epistaxis, fracture nasal bones.
Have come across innumerable cases of benign and malignant cases of oral cavity, Salivary Glands, Neck and Larynx. Have come across innumerable cases of head and neck oncology. Have been trained under eminent Laryngologist like Dr. Deven Mahore, Dr. Bhagyashree Bokare, Dr. Gauri Vaidhya. Have been trained under senior head and neck surgeons like Dr. Kapre, Dr. Deven Mahore, Dr. Apurva Pawde, Dr. Bhagyashree Bokare, Dr. Seema Patel, Dr. Prafulla Sakhare, Dr. Vipin Ekhar, Dr. Abhishek Vaidhya.
Have been trained in doing laser, cryosurgery surgeries.
Have been trained in doing surgeries of oral cavity, neck like wide local excision, radical and modified racial neck dissection, sistrunk operation for thyroglossal cyst, surgeries for branchial cyst and fistula. Have been in doing flap reconstruction like deltopectoral flap, free flaps.
Have been trained in doing surgeries of salivary glands like superficial parotidectomy, total parotidectomy, submandibular gland excision.
Have been trained in doing surgeries of larynx like microlaryngoscopic surgeries for benign and early malignant cancer of larynx, partial and total laryngectomy.
Have been trained in doing surgeries of thyroid gland like hemithyroidectomy and total thyroidectomy.
Have been trained in managing emergency situations like stridor, foreign body larynx and bronchus.
- Am presently working as a consultant Otorhinolaryngologist with special interest Laryngology, Airways and Swallowing in the above mentioned institutes and centres. Have been successfully managing simple and complicated otorhinolaryngology and Head & Neck Oncology cases.
- Have worked as Clinical Assistant to Dr. Prashant Desai, who is the senior most, eminent, dynamic otorhinolaryngologic surgeon working at Surat. He has an experience of more than 30 years.
- Have worked as a Clinical Observor to Dr.Ashim Desai, an eminent and dynamic Otorhinolaryngologicsurgeon in Mumbai. He has an experience of more than 20 years. He has special interest in otology and has received numerous awards and publications under him. He is a very active in organizing conferences and workshops all over India.
- Have worked as a resident and Clinical Assistant to Dr. Kapre, Dr. DevenMahore, who are senior head and neck oncosurgeons in India. They have been active in organizing conference, workshops and awareness in head and neck cancers. They have been specially active in holding thyroid workshops at Chikaldhara. They have an experience of more than 30 years.
- Have worked as a resident and Clinical assistant to Dr. Pawde and Dr. Gawarle who are Head of Department and senior otorhinolaryngology surgeons in Nagpur. They have been a part of faculty of many conference and workshops.
- Have worked as a resident and clinical assistant to Dr. Bhagyashree Bokare, Dr. Gauri Kapre who are one of the best Laryngologists of India.
- Trained as Otorhinolaryngologist and Head & Neck Oncology Surgeon from Government Medical College and Hospital, Nagpur, India,with training during 3 years as Resident Surgical Officer under the experienced guidance of many Senior Surgeons. Government Medical College and Hospital,is a 1500 bedded hospital which is a tertiary care hospital in Nagpur. It is the largest hospital and referral institute of Vidharbha region of Maharashtra.
- As an Otorhinolaryngologic House Surgeon from MAY 2011 to MAY 2014, responsibilities included patient care in wards, casualty department, and emergency duty in a 1:2 rotations, performing routine elective and emergency surgeries and assisting as first and second assistant.
- In the Operation Theatre, as a resident developed a proficiency in most emergency surgeries,routine surgeries of otorhinolaryngologic and Head & Neck surgery.
Have worked as Laryngology fellow to Professor Marc Remacle, one of the best Laryngologist in the world with an experience of 35 years. He is also a very keen academician. Have been fortunate to seen a variety of cases of vocal cord cyst, sulcus, nodules, laryngeal cancers, laryngeal papilloma, vocal cord paralysis.Have been fortunate to see rare surgeries like medialisation thyroplasty, feminization surgeries, endoscopic partial laryngectomy for laryngeal cancers. His work in feminizing thyroplasty and endoscopic partial laryngectomy for laryngeal cancer is world renowned.
Have worked as Fellow to Prof. Kishore Sandu, one of the best airway surgeons in the world with an experience of 20 years. He is the head of Airway department at Centre hospital de Vaud in Lausanne, Switzerland. The hospital gets referral of all complex airways cases mainly paediatric cases. Have been fortunate to see cases of laryngeal clefts, subglottic stenosis, laryngomalacia, glottic stenosis, congenital vocal fold paralysis and posterior glottic stenosis. Was fortunate to see rare surgeries like partial cricotracheal resection done at very few places in the whole world.
Have worked as Laryngology fellow to Dr. Nupur Nerurkar, one of the leading phonosurgeons in India with an experience of more than 20 years. She is very active in holding camps and national conferences in voice to create awareness regarding voice problems. Have seen innumerable and rare benign and malignant cases of vocal folds like contact granuloma, spasmodic dysphonia, muscle tension dysphonia, laryngeal lipoma, laryngitis sicca, laryngeal keratosis. Also seen cases of difficulties in swallowing and respiration like laryngeal stenosis, laryngeal webs, tracheal stenosis, laryngeal papillomatosis, tracheomalacia.
- 4th NATIONAL Workshop on Head & Neck Cadaveric Dissection-2011.
- 5th NATIONAL Workshop on Head & Neck Cadaveric Dissection-2012.
- 13th NATIONAL Thyroid Workshop at Chikhaldhara-2013.
- 12th NATIONAL Workshop of Basic course In Endoscopic sinus surgery at LTMG Hospital ,Mumbai- 2013.
- 13th NATIONAL Workshop of Basic course In Endoscopic sinus surgery at LTMG Hospital ,Mumbai- 2013.
- 7th NATIONAL Workshop of Phonosurgery held at Bombay Hospital and KEM hospital, Mumbai -2013.
- 8th NATIONAL Workshop of Phonosurgery held at Bombay Hospital and KEM hospital, Mumbai -2014.
- NATIONAL Phonosurgery workshop “PHONOCON 2015” at Nagpur.
- NATIONAL Phonosurgery Workshop “ PHONOCON 2016” at Bombay Hospital, Mumbai.
- 100th NATIONAL Temporal Bone dissection course & 1st Annual Facial Nerve symposium in India at Nanavati Superspeciality Hospital, Mumbai -2014.
- NATIONAL Ear & Sinus Surgery Workshop at Dr. Vasantrao Pawar Medical College and Indorewala ENT Institute and Research Centre- 2013.
- 45th Maharashtra STATE ENT conference at Armed Forces Medical College -“MENTCON”, held at Pune-2013.
- 46th Maharashtra STATE ENT conference at JW Marriot, Mumbai -“MENTCON”, held at Mumbai-2015.
- 32nd Annual Conference of Association Of Otolaryngologists (AOI) of India – “VENTCON”- held at Nagpur 2012.
- 33rd Annual Conference of Association Of Otolaryngologists (AOI) of India – “VENTCON”- held at Nagpur 2013.
- NATIONAL Laser Workshop at Laddha Hospital in Akola in March 2016.
- MENTCON 2016.
- MENTCON 2017.
- Phonosurgery workshop at Bombay Hospital, 2017
- International Otology Conference (IOW) at Bombay Hospital, 2017.
- Phonocon 2018 at Amrita Institute, Kochi.
- International Otology Conference (IOW) at Bombay Hospital, 2018.
- Various Clinical Meetings Of Association of Otorhinolaryngologists, Vidharbha Branch held in Nagpur and Yavatmal.
- Various Clinical Meetings of Association of Otorhinolaryngologists, Mumbai west branch.
- Won the BEST PAPER AWARD at 45th Maharashtra STATE ENT conference at Armed Forces Medical College – “MENTCON”, held at Pune – 2013. TITLE – CLINICOPATHOLOGICAL STUDY OF THYROID MALIGNANCY – A 2 YEAR REVIEW. This study was carried out in ENT OPD of tertiary care hospital from October 2011 to September 2013. This was a nonrandomized prospective study of total 22 patients. All patients of thyroid malignancy were included in the study. They were assessed, evaluated and managed according to case proforma.
- Presented A Paper at 32nd Annual Conference of Association Of Otolaryngologists (AOI) of India – “VENTCON” – held at Nagpur 2012. TITLE – CLINIPATHOLOGICAL STUDY OF SINONASAL MALIGNANCY.
- Presented A Poster at 7th NATIONAL Workshop of Phonosurgery held at Bombay Hospital and KEM hospital, Mumbai – 2013. TITLE-KILLIAN JAMEISON DIVERTICULUM – A RARER CERVICAL DIVERTICULUM.
- Presented a Paper at National Phonosurgery conference “PHONOCON-2016” held at Bombay Hospital. TITLE – MISHAPS OF LARYNX IN PREGNANCY – A CASE SERIES.
- Presented a Paper at MAHARASHTRA STATE ENT CONFERENCE “MENTCON” AT MUMBAI IN 2016 in Junior Consultant Category. TITLE – THE DOUBLE – BREASTING TECHNIQUE OF TYMPANOPLASTY – A CASE SERIES OF 210 CASES.
- Presented a Poster at PHONOCON 2015. TITLE – LARYNGEAL LIPOMA – A CASE SERIES.
- Presentations at Various Clinical Meetings Of Association of Otorhinolaryngologists, Vidharbha Branch held in Nagpur and Yavatmal. a) TITLE – UNUSUAL SITE OF JUVENILE ANGIOFIBROMA- MAXILLARY SINUS. b) TITLE – RARER MUCOCOELE ARISING FROM MAXILLARY SINUS c) TITLE – KILLIAN JAMEISON DIVERTICULUM – RARER CERVICAL DIVERTICULUM. d) TITLE – EXTERNAL OPHTHALMOPLEGIA – EXCLUSIVE CLINICAL PRESENTATION OF A SINONASAL MALIGNANCY.